Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make friends, learn the greatest spells, stun the locals, buy awesome foods and win the House Cup in this epic RPG!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
SpellboundLegend (218)
Shopping For A wand! Vote_lcapShopping For A wand! Voting_barShopping For A wand! Vote_rcap 
Candy Amberson (156)
Shopping For A wand! Vote_lcapShopping For A wand! Voting_barShopping For A wand! Vote_rcap 
Goken strife (111)
Liz Amberson (108)
Isaac Amberson (97)
Serena Knight (76)
Sylvan Amberson (61)
Eve Summers (29)
Markus Voli (22)
Ryder Okura (21)
Latest topics
» Rohan Occulte
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Rohan Occulte Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

» Hi im Josephine Luna Lovegood
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Josephine Luna Longbottom Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 pm

» Josephine Luna Longbottom
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Josephine Luna Longbottom Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:19 pm

» Chatbox error.
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby SpellboundLegend Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:01 am

» QUIDITCH RULES
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:56 pm

» Finding a Familiar
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Candy Amberson Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

» What's your nickname?
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 pm

» Late Introduction
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

» Gokens race
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 pm

» In need of a wand.
Shopping For A wand! Emptyby Angelina Amberson Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Season and Links
Shopping For A wand! Autumn Leaves are falling
from the trees...

The Sorting Hat
House Points
Shopping For A wand! HPGryffindor
Shopping For A wand! HPRavenclaw
Shopping For A wand! HPHufflepuff
Shopping For A wand! HPSlytherin
News
Shopping For A wand! HPDailyProphet
The start of a new school year alway beings unexpected surprises, awesome memories and of course... supply gathering! The students of Hogwarts are collecting their supplies from Diagon Alley as we speak, spending their money as they see fit. After this, it's to the station to find Platform 9 3/4 to board the Hogwarts Express! However, a rather disturbing piece of news has just emerged. Apparently the train stopped on its first trip to Hogwarts and shook from side to side as explosions wrecked havoc from within. The cause is unknown, but families are still assured their children are safe.
Affiliates
RPG-D
Shopping For A wand! Kakishi
Shopping For A wand! Incantationa

Shopping For A wand!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Candy Amberson
Second Year
Second Year
Candy Amberson

Galleons : 0
Sickles : 42
Knuts : 40

Wizard Stats
Health:
Shopping For A wand! Left_bar_bleue100/100Shopping For A wand! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Energy:
Shopping For A wand! Left_bar_bleue100/100Shopping For A wand! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magical Strength: 1

Shopping For A wand! Empty
PostSubject: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:01 am

Candy's family was in diagon alley, Shopping. She decided to shop alone.
She stepped up to olivander's wand shop and went inside.
She saw a old man at the counter and rang the bell.
"I-I-Im here to geta wand ..."
She bursted out.
Back to top Go down
SpellboundLegend
Admin
SpellboundLegend

Galleons : 1
Sickles : 7

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 am

"Oh, brilliant!" Ollivander chuckled. "You must be one of the Amberson family. You see, I met your mother not too long ago. Came in here for a replacement wand." He smiled, his grey hair and age showing in the dim light of the store. He sat upon a stool behind the counter, one of his finely crafted wands in his hand. Without any order, the tape measure on the counter started levitating and stretching itself out to measure Candy's writing arm. Once it was done, it showed Ollivander the measure. He gave a flick of his wand, summoning a box from the murky store back, the box landing on the wooden counter.
"Give this a try. Hollywood with Peacock Core."
Back to top Go down
https://harry-potter-rpg.rpg-board.net
Sylvan Amberson
First Year
First Year
Sylvan Amberson

Sickles : 5
Character Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:09 am

"You know Candy, you shouldn't speak like that...it's too loud"

Sylvan had opened the door behind Candy, and stepped in the shop with a soft thud of his shoe, apparently they need to buy a lot of things so their mum Liz decided to split with them and buy the other necessary things for them. Stepping inside almost silently, Sylvan noticed that the Shop Keeper Mr. Ollivander was already there.

Sylvan bowed politely

"I'm sorry for my sister's behavior earlier" Straightening up and taking a few more steps towards the counter Sylvan spoke again.

"I came here for my wand too...Mr. Ollivander"
Back to top Go down
Candy Amberson
Second Year
Second Year
Candy Amberson

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 am

Candy looked at Syl.
"Sorry its just weird talking to others...."
She mumbled taking the wand.
"Here i go!"
She said flicking the wand to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
SpellboundLegend
Admin
SpellboundLegend

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:28 pm

"Oh, nothing is wrong with her behaviour at all!" Ollivander chuckled when Sylvan entered the shop and apologised. "It is in fact, what is probably expected from a first-year student. Or would you like me to have wands cost a Galleon?"
He then turned to Candy, and Sylvan when he approached the counter. Ollivander also measured his arm with the same procedure. He vanished into the back of the store to grab another wand box, draped in a ruby cloth.
"Here, try this out. Alder wood with Thestral hair. I'm sure you'll like it." He commented, then turning to Candy who was trying her wand out. A strange aura surrounded her, whistling like the wind and flapping their hair about as if the wand had indeed chosen the wizard at this point.
"It seems that's the wand for you!"
Back to top Go down
Candy Amberson
Second Year
Second Year
Candy Amberson

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Candy smiled thed put the wand in the case, She put the case in her pocket as she approached the counter.
"Thank you sir!"
She blurted out leaving the store.

~Leave Topic~
Back to top Go down
Sylvan Amberson
First Year
First Year
Sylvan Amberson

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Sylvan decided not to argue with the old man anymore, not because he didn't have the ability but the was kind, that Sylvan wouldn't want to hurt him even in just a careless verbal exchange, other than that he has to think of his mother's reputation too. When Mr. Ollivander made a jest of selling a wand that cost 1 Galleon. Sylvan's expression went from calm to semi-rigid with despair. He only had one Galleon and to lose it would mean losing a lot. Thankfully though, It was just a jest--Hopefully.

With a sigh of relief escaping his lips, Sylvan didn't notice that the man had already, taken his writing arm's length with such great precision and passion which made Sylvan feel warm. The old man then vanished for a while, only to return with a box of wand draped in beautiful ruby silk cloth,When he felt a strong wind come from candy, her hair dancing with the wind. It looks like she was chosen. As what Wizards would say.

Sylvan took another step closer and looked at the box intently as if beholding it's beauty before looking to Mr. Ollivander and asking, not noticing that his sister had already left without him.

"I've never heard of such wand made by those materials before good sir, pray what are they and what makes it special If i may ask?"
Back to top Go down
SpellboundLegend
Admin
SpellboundLegend

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:05 pm

"Alder wood is... a wood." Ollivander explained the wand that he was giving to Sylvan. "It is used to make many wands, though I don't usually use it. I prefer to use... others."
He went on, dismissing himself from explaining the wood. It wouldn't be the easiest topic for a first year to know about and understand.
"Inside the wand though, is a Thestral hair. Very volatile. It symbolises death, though... this isn't the case for everyone. It's some magical lore that I think you'll learn about in the school, when they want you to become more familiar with your wands. In short, these aren't the materials I normally use to manufacture wands. But I hope you'll enjoy it."
Back to top Go down
Sylvan Amberson
First Year
First Year
Sylvan Amberson

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Sylvan listened on to the old-man with great reverence and respect. Taking note of noteworthy details that he was displacing with him. Sylvan's eyes seemed to shine something far from his usual dull and cold eyes. This wand gave him something, A new hope perhaps? Something that would lead him to a new life in Hogwarts, In enthusiasm Sylvan picked up his wand by the handle and raised it up to the height of his face and looked at it, adoring it. When a word muttered by Mr. Ollivander somewhat froze Sylvan on the spot, his eyes widening. Death. Why would Mr. Ollivander give him a wand such as this? Was this even for him? Thoughts and questions raced in his mind, however being the power-hungry man that he was, he ignored the voice of his thoughts, Sylvan decided to test it.

Remembering what happened to Candy earlier, Sylvan decided that it be good if this wand suited him as well.

Well then, I hope this works

Sylvan concentrated and then with a small hand movement--brief and concise yet had the elegance of a wizard in it, he flicked his wand.

Suddenly, the light of day and the light of the shop seemed to dim, as if from a vision blurring before one closes his eyes, a gentle breeze coupled with a suffocating weight, when one is in fear or in tense surrounded him and Mr. Ollivander, and then the dispertion of the wind along with a near silent ghostly whisper.
Back to top Go down
SpellboundLegend
Admin
SpellboundLegend

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Ollivander didn't specifically look at Sylvan while he adored his new wand. Instead, his gaze seemed to cast itself over the windows in the front of the store, where a shadow seemed to cast itself over and turn the windows to ice. It was quickly gone though, and Ollivander put its presence down to his old age and hallucinations.

His glance snapped back to Sylvan, when he had lifted his wand to cause a blurred vision, gentle breeze and more.
"Stop that!" He gasped, attempting to lean forward to snatch the wand from Sylvan. However, his age was too much for him and all he achieved was a little gasp. Thankfully, the effect was gone soon.
"Please, leave the shop."
Back to top Go down
Sylvan Amberson
First Year
First Year
Sylvan Amberson

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:52 pm

The things that went out from the wand, made Sylvan feel-off. The feeling was ghastly yet at the same time accommodating and familiar to him, he was basking in it when he heard Mr. Ollivanders telling him to stop.

Sylvan gasped and was finally finally free from the trance he was in, in the feeling his new wand gave him, He looked at the wand maker with confused eyes. Why did Mr. Ollivanders fear him? What was this wand?

"I...I...did I do something wrong for you to ask me to leave sir?" he asked in confusion with disdain.
Back to top Go down
SpellboundLegend
Admin
SpellboundLegend

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:57 pm

"N-nothing is wrong. I just fear that wand... should not be used indoors if you know what I mean." Ollivander frowned, sheltering himself slightly behind the counter. Without another word, he stood up and leapt off his stool, walking into the pitch black darkness of the store that lay behind him.

Sylvan was left on his own except for the creaking of wood from Ollivander's footsteps and the flickering of nearby candles that pierced the gloom left in the shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For A wand!   Shopping For A wand! Empty

Back to top Go down

Shopping For A wand!
Page 1 of 1