Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make friends, learn the greatest spells, stun the locals, buy awesome foods and win the House Cup in this epic RPG!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
SpellboundLegend (218)
That New Book Smell Vote_lcapThat New Book Smell Voting_barThat New Book Smell Vote_rcap 
Candy Amberson (156)
That New Book Smell Vote_lcapThat New Book Smell Voting_barThat New Book Smell Vote_rcap 
Goken strife (111)
Liz Amberson (108)
Isaac Amberson (97)
Serena Knight (76)
Sylvan Amberson (61)
Eve Summers (29)
Markus Voli (22)
Ryder Okura (21)
Latest topics
» Rohan Occulte
That New Book Smell Emptyby Rohan Occulte Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

» Hi im Josephine Luna Lovegood
That New Book Smell Emptyby Josephine Luna Longbottom Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 pm

» Josephine Luna Longbottom
That New Book Smell Emptyby Josephine Luna Longbottom Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:19 pm

» Chatbox error.
That New Book Smell Emptyby SpellboundLegend Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:01 am

» QUIDITCH RULES
That New Book Smell Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:56 pm

» Finding a Familiar
That New Book Smell Emptyby Candy Amberson Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

» What's your nickname?
That New Book Smell Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 pm

» Late Introduction
That New Book Smell Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

» Gokens race
That New Book Smell Emptyby Goken strife Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 pm

» In need of a wand.
That New Book Smell Emptyby Angelina Amberson Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Season and Links
That New Book Smell Autumn Leaves are falling
from the trees...

The Sorting Hat
House Points
That New Book Smell HPGryffindor
That New Book Smell HPRavenclaw
That New Book Smell HPHufflepuff
That New Book Smell HPSlytherin
News
That New Book Smell HPDailyProphet
The start of a new school year alway beings unexpected surprises, awesome memories and of course... supply gathering! The students of Hogwarts are collecting their supplies from Diagon Alley as we speak, spending their money as they see fit. After this, it's to the station to find Platform 9 3/4 to board the Hogwarts Express! However, a rather disturbing piece of news has just emerged. Apparently the train stopped on its first trip to Hogwarts and shook from side to side as explosions wrecked havoc from within. The cause is unknown, but families are still assured their children are safe.
Affiliates
RPG-D
That New Book Smell Kakishi
That New Book Smell Incantationa

That New Book Smell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dretta
First Year
First Year
Dretta

Galleons : 1
Sickles : 7
Knuts : 40
Character Age : 34

Wizard Stats
Health:
That New Book Smell Left_bar_bleue100/100That New Book Smell Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Energy:
That New Book Smell Left_bar_bleue100/100That New Book Smell Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magical Strength: 1

That New Book Smell Empty
PostSubject: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

"Grandmother Fionnuala why do even the new books look old?" Alexandretta asked as she pushed her glasses up on her nose. "They are not new" the elderly woman snorted with annoyance. This was the 50th question her granddaughter had asked in the last hour! "You're looking at the 're-purchase' books, nothing you will ever need" she said with a cold sneer. "We will be getting the new books over there" she pointed a gnawly finger across the room, "but.. but those are way more expensive" she blurted her eyes wide. "Of course! But we have plenty of money to buy them, never think you have to resort to 'second best!' despite where you grew up and HOW, you are a Sheppard and it is about time you learned the perks." she stated as she fixed her wig which had started to slip a bit to the side. Her wig was silver in color and tied in a neat bun to the base of her skull.

The elderly woman had the same hazel eyes Alexandretta had, but not the softest of features. Dretta felt like the woman was trying to fix whatever went wrong with her mother. But hey free stuff cool magic school, nothing to complain about. "Okay so i guess i'll go grab the ones i'll need" she said adjusting the things in her arms, suddenly noticing at least 7 pounds were missing! "Butterscotch?" she blinked looking around seeing the fuzzy lop missing from her arms and no where around her, ".. oh darn" she squeaked as she started to walk around her grandmother chatting with another rather elderly witch.

"Butterscotch?" she called softly, hearing the sound of her wand flicking around in her cauldron with the other items. If her grandmother learned she had lost her 'birthday gift' she would freak! "First gift i've really gotten from my grandmother and i lost it!"
Back to top Go down
Markus Voli
First Year
First Year
Markus Voli

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 am

“Friggan cramped spaces!” This place had to be the most inaccessible yet! Had no one in the wizarding world heard of Wheel chair accessibility! He breathed impatiently as he strolled his chair threw the books trying to find the ones he need. These stores were all so cramped and old he had his parents checking the upstairs for his list, that was something he was used to stairs were his natural enemy where ever he went.

As he did his best to roll Threw the store’s first level he breathed as best as he could trying not to get annoyed, as he scanned the shelves for his books. So many times in this one day had he been looked at weirdly, it was starting to get on his nerves. That was when something dropped into his lap.

Markus didn’t feel it of course having no feeling and no movement below his waist. But he heard the soft thud. He looked down to see an adorable bunny. He looked around “Why hello there little guy, you must be lost… you wouldn’t happen to be able to help me find my books would you.”

Markus was joking of course as he pet the bunny using one hand to absentmindedly steer his chair as he looked for his books. He looked to his list and sighed. there has got to be an easier way to do this.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Nightingale
First Year
First Year
Isaac Nightingale

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 am

Isaac walked into the door of Flourish and Blotts after his sightseeing tour, he looked around in awe, this place contained so many books! His head spun a bit as he thought about how he was going to get the ones he needed in this store, it'd be like looking for a needle in a haystack!
"Uh..." He sighed as he thought over how much effort was needed for getting all of those books.

He walked over to a section of new books, looking at a list he had on a rather torn notepad, "I need that..." He mumbled to himself before looking for the titles of the said books on the spine of the books.

Eventually finding the book he needed he pulled the book out with his index finger before grabbing it and keeping hold of it. Before continuing his book searching quest of epic proportions.
He couldn't find the other book he needed in the section he was currently standing in, after sighing once he looked around the shop and going to a section full of potion books and other sorts, looking once at his notepad before picking out the correct book.

He looked for a book in the 'spells' section, he squinted to try and see the text on the side of the books, he looked up and found the book he needed after about thirty seconds searching,
It was slightly out of his reach, so he got up on his toes and stretched his arm out to try and get it.
Back to top Go down
Dretta
First Year
First Year
Dretta

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 am

Dretta grabbed another book from her list making sure it was in top condition, any less and her grandmother would snip at her! she kept looking around for her rabbit grabbing the book she needed as she went. She hoped the creature did not leave the store! She sighed glancing over at a boy... she saw him trying to reach for a book. She took out her wand not thinking of it as a wand as she walked up next to him. she stood on her tippy-toes and poked just under the edge of the spine and flicked back pulling the book out a little at a time before it fell out, she grabbed it and handed it to him, "Here" she smiled kindly before grabbing a copy for herself in the same fashion. She gave another polite nod to the boy before scampering off.

The Holland Lop looked up at the strangely seated boy. Her small dark brown eyes gazed at him calmly as her pinkish-brown nose twitched. The flopped ears were a mix of white and beige as the with the rest of her body. Hearing his respect the creature tilted her head and then thumped her foot against his stomach pointing her head to a second level in a shelf to a book that was on his list!

"Butterscotch?" a girl called out walking around a shelf almost walking into the boy, "Oh i'm sorry" she stated blushing a bit then looking down at the bunny, "oh thank you!" she said reaching down and picking up the over sized cuddle-stuff. "i was afraid i lost her" she said kindly before taking notice of a book on the shelf that she needed and picked it off putting it in the cauldron with the other book.
Back to top Go down
Markus Voli
First Year
First Year
Markus Voli

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:42 am

"Smart rabbit." Markus wanted to say more on the subject but in all reality he had seen weirder today. from a bank full of goblins, to a shop thats entire focus seemed to be on exploding things, a rabbit that could read was well not really on his list.

"Nah the rabbit was just helping me find my books." He said with a slight smile. he rolled himself along in the small shelf, pulling his books off the shelves as he went. she couldn't have been much older then himself but in all reality he bet she knew more about what was going on. still it was nice of her to not mention his wheel chair.

Markus sighed as he continued around the tight spaces of the shop "Um... if you wouldn't mind could you maybe..." Markus had been in his wheel chair for almost five years asking for help didn't come easy to him. it was a matter of pride at this point, if he was gonna spend the rest of his life in the damn thing he was gonna be a fully functioning member of society! "Could you maybe help me find my books.. i am having trouble get around the store."
Back to top Go down
Isaac Nightingale
First Year
First Year
Isaac Nightingale

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:43 am

Isaac heard someone cry out like they'd lost something, but it seems she found what she was looking for, so he continued looking for the books he needed, when he came across an interesting book on how to breed Dragons, this interested him a lot, as he knew baby Dragons were worth quite a lot of money, and they made fantastic steeds when they're fully grown, that is, if you can tame them.

He took the book and walked upstairs too look for another spellbook, all was well until he tripped at the second to last step up to the second floor, he landed flat on his face. "Ow,ow,ow,ow,ow..." He whinged, covering his face
Back to top Go down
Dretta
First Year
First Year
Dretta

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Dretta held her rabbit in her arms the creature taking up most of her chest as she held it cradled in her left arm over her cauldron. She thought about putting it in a cage like her grandmother had done, but she felt that it would be wrong to do so. Grandmother Fionnuala told her Familiars were not pets, they were their own creatures, yes they required cages for transporting like a pet, but otherwise they were a witch's 'bread and butter' used to test potions, transmorphing spells, and the likes.

Dretta returned her attention to the boy in the wheelchair as he started to stammer out a request. She could see asking for help was a pain for him, "I'll be glad to try and help, i'm new to this place too..." she smiled kindly then without really thinking she blurted out: "this place doesn't have any ramps so if you need a book on the second level just give me the name and i'll get it..." she blinked then added quickly "n-not saying you need help getting up them but i wouldn't mind" she blushed dark red hoping she was not offending him. Feeling her rabbit nibbling on her skin slightly made her realize to shut up.

She looked up sharply at the sound of something or someone falling. "... fail" she muttered to herself.
Back to top Go down
Markus Voli
First Year
First Year
Markus Voli

Wizard Stats
Health:
Energy:

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Its fine I know I cant go upstairs, I have my parents up there looking threw books to see if they can find any. Im just having problems down here, I think I still have three or four books to find.” Markus sighed this was his life he knew that he was gonna be stuck in this chair for the rest of his life and he had come expect that the world wasn’t all that accessible when you cant walk. “Thank you for your offer though.”

Malin did his best to roll his chair threw the store avoiding most things and people. The store was cramped but he had five years of practice. He heard the thud, as someone face planted and smiled it seemed that some people who can walk probably shouldn’t.

Malin found another one of his books and dropped it into his cauldron. “My name is Markus, nice to meet you.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That New Book Smell   That New Book Smell Empty

Back to top Go down

That New Book Smell
Page 1 of 1